BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used a stacked sequence today. So sue me.

Smiley Tongue

stacked sequence.PNG

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(8,827 Views)

Just curious, why not wrap the two functions into one (such as "init" or "setup" or whatever). Then have an array of clusters, one cluster  array element per channel, then have said function called in a for loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(8,817 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

Just curious, why not wrap the two functions into one (such as "init" or "setup" or whatever). Then have an array of clusters, one cluster  array element per channel, then have said function called in a for loop.

And don't forget to propagate the error cluster between cases with the shift register.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(8,809 Views)

SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM

TO:      PaulG

forums.ni.com

Breakpoint Forum

You are hereby commanded to produce for inspection and/or copying on or before April 15, 2013 at noon at the offices/home of NI's Breakpoint Forum, any and all documents, records, or other tangible things which are in your possession or under your control relating to

__________The heinous crime of using a Stacked Sequence structure in production code.___________________

Fail not under penalty of law.      

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 18
(8,801 Views)

Bite me, bite me and bite me. Smiley Tongue

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 5 of 18
(8,771 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

Bite me, bite me and bite me. Smiley Tongue

Consider it done

Gosh, do you have to pay for your horizontal pixels or whats the deal?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(8,766 Views)

I think PaulG was framed, you be the judge.

Hopefully order is maintained in the court.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(8,765 Views)

For his crime, he is pretty much guaranteed an order of execution at his sentencing.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 8 of 18
(8,762 Views)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with stacked sequences. In fact I use them in a central part of my most advanced code where they provide the cleanest solution.

(two frames, each frame needs the same inputs, only the last frame outputs something, no sequence locals)

However, if abused, they an easily lead to the most unreadable am unmaintainable code, especially if sequence locals are involved and there are many frames.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(8,738 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with stacked sequences.

Yes there is. As soon as you need to pass data between frames you're dealing with sequence locals, which are just the worst.

seqloc.png

Message 10 of 18
(8,727 Views)