BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Partner Program rejection

@Gregory wrote:
I also requested the quote for perpetual license, and they got it to me pretty quickly without any questions.

I did get a quote in about 2 days after I emailed back.  Surprised (not surprised) by the quote, but what are you going to do?  Decisions...... 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(168 Views)

@Gregory wrote:
I also requested the quote for perpetual license, and they got it to me pretty quickly without any questions.

What was the amount? Last I remember perpetual was 2.5x the cost of subscription, is that still the case?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(165 Views)
I probably shouldn't share the exact amount since the quote is confidential. But no, it was quite a bit more than that.
Message 13 of 14
(150 Views)

National instruments used to have an alliance partner program for certified LabVIEW Consultants.  That never got off the ground very well and, unfortunately NI never really used any of us to assist with sales refs in the area.  Frankly, I allowed 8-Ball Consulting to lapse because few of the reps used me.  I did provide 1 "Proof of Concept" that was really the DONE SOURCE for 1 customer that then bought the hardware and LabVIEW.  A 2hr effort with the brand new Continuous Measurement and Logging Project Template on a simulated device (including walk-through documentation)

Single developer Partners each have/had a specific reason NI wanted them.  8-Ball Consulting and Radius Tek are 2 examples I know of.  Both Mark and I had proven track records of significance to building NI sales.  Mark with incredible platform instructor skills!  I could boast about the 14 VSTs dropped into Positive Train Control for the first item test suite of test sets.  Each of us were already recognized LabVIEW Champions as well when the Certified LabVIEW Consultant Partners program launched.   With NIs move away from field sales, I see that program as likely dead.

That doesn't mean that there aren't ways around it!  Funny enough, 8-Ball Consulting once "Hired" a developer that I worked with primarily because he wanted to attend a session at NI Week on Alliance day!  (NOTE: never tell your boss you hired your coworker - he promptly fired me)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(20 Views)