DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Sinewave at ZeroCrossing

Hi guys,

in my current projekt I'm a little bit stuck. The cDAQ-9174 is used to generate a Sinewave (up to 400 Hz) on the AO-Module NI-9263. I can easily generate this signal with a simple task. I can do this in "contiuous" or "finite" Mode. The stop of the signal is decided by an external process - can happen anytime. However it is important, that the actual sinewave is finished and the signal needs to stop at the zero crossing. A little bit later is not a problem.

- If I use finite values, there is no contiuous sine wave. There are interruptions if I start over and over again the task.

- If I use Continuos mode, I can stop the task, but then it is not at the zero crossing, directly jumps to zero.

I have an AI-Module 9205. Could I measure the sinewave and stop the generation at the zerocrossing with a hardware interrupt? It seams, that this application is not possible with the cDAQ.

Greetings Bernhard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(670 Views)

What you ask for may be possible with the cDAQ but may not be with DAQ Express, you would have to use one of the programming languages with DAQmx drivers.

Where does the trigger come from? a hardware signal or a software one?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(615 Views)

It is very difficult to find information. Do you know some literature?

The trigger for the stop? It is calculated in the labview (software) and dependent from anther data acquisition unit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(609 Views)