DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronise digital and analog tasks

I need to log digital signals from a USB 6009, while reading analog signals from another USB 6009. How can I set the digital logging to match the sampling of analog signals? There was a similar thread already but the links are broken now.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DAQExpress/Linking-analog-and-digital-tasks/td-p/3907221

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(630 Views)

Hello there!

A simple google search led me to these articles. Hopefully you will make use of them.

NI-DAQmx Data Acquisition Triggering Techniques Using LabVIEW

Synchronization Explained - NI

Timing and Synchronization Features of NI-DAQmx - NI

There is also a forum post that might come in handy.

Solved: Re: Synchronizing Digital output, Analog output and Analong Input using Ni-DAQmx - NI Commun...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(554 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your hints. I did not mention that I use DAQExpress. There are many examples I found, but they are not relevant to DAQExpress, which is pretty different. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(544 Views)

Hi again.

Indeed, the links I provided are related to DAQmx, but the principle behind synchronization is still the same. With DAQExpress, you need to set up a trigger which will sync up all the inputs and outputs. Please refer to this article to set up your trigger:

Counters and Triggers Using DAQExpress - NI

Please make sure to watch the videos in the article as well, I think they will help you understand the concept of synchronization by triggering better.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(526 Views)