DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report details

I need to be able to include some details on my reports. I expect each report to be apx 30 pages and would like these details to be on each page. Some details will change from test to test (Work Control Doc. Number, UUT Serial Number, Run Number and test date). Some details will not change (Part Number, ATP Number)

I will also need "page numbers" such as "Page x of y" on each page of my report.

A multi page example with simular details would be alot of help.

Thanks for the great support.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,898 Views)
Hi Zilla

You can imbed the follow string on the bottom of each page of your repot, it will print what page your on and the total number of pages

Page @GraphSheetCurrNo@ of @GraphSheetCount@

The @ signs delimit the two DIAdem variables, GraphSheetCurrNo and GraphSheetCount.

Use the text tool in DIAdem REPORT to add the text string

As far as UUT etc I would suggesting creating a user variable file and imbed these varaibles just as you did for the page number example above. For more information on user variable see the DIAdem help system

Go to the contents tab, expand creating scripts, expand Further procedures, read the section on "Defining and Using User Variables"

Let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks

Tom
DIAdem Produ
ct Manager
512-683-6841
Message 2 of 6
(3,898 Views)
Well imbeding page numbers worked very well, again that is just what I was looking for.

I went to the help files to learn about "Defining and Using User Variables" and found what looks to me a typo.

From the help file:

MyDays_ : A 'Friday','Saturday','Sunday')
MyTxt_ : F [4](40)
MyInt_ : I (7, 13) <12>

I think this example is missing the first "("

MyDays_ : A ('Friday','Saturday','Sunday')

I get some pop up windows when running this script. There sure is alot to learn with this program. Again thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,898 Views)
Well imbeding page numbers worked very well, again that is just what I was looking for.

I went to the help files to learn about "Defining and Using User Variables" and found what looks to me a typo.

From the help file:

MyDays_ : A 'Friday','Saturday','Sunday')

I think this example is missing the first "("

MyDays_ : A ('Friday','Saturday','Sunday')

I get some pop up windows when running this script. There sure is alot to learn with this program. Again thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,898 Views)
Hi Zilla

If you tried to run the code in a VBScript file, you will run into an error. Check out step 8 in the help system reference I mentioned before. You need to save the variables in a seperate file with extension *.VAS and use the UserVarCompile function to make them available in DIAdem.

Let me kow

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,898 Views)
Tom,

I got the scrip to work after I added "(".

I will keep looking for some type of User Variable I can use that will show my UUT S/N (etc.) on each sheet of my report.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,898 Views)