Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock old threads

Solved!
Go to solution

@crossrulz wrote:

@aputman wrote:

Can we at least lock this thread?  1974 days (5.5yrs) 12 hours, 50min.

But this thread has remained active.  I view the age of the last post for the idle age of a thread.

aputman_0-1663614123567.gif

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 98
(2,295 Views)

21 years and 3 months:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/What-is-the-unit-kS-s-stand-for/td-p/18988

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 98
(2,264 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

21 years and 3 months:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/What-is-the-unit-kS-s-stand-for/td-p/18988

I came here to tally that one and see whether we had a new record breaker.  So, so close, but still just a little short of this one coming in at 21 years, 4 months, 11 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 98
(2,251 Views)

Not a record, but still notable at 20 yrs, 15 days, 21 hrs, 38 minutes.

(But to give credit where it's due, the thread necromancer noticed and acknowledged the idle time.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 98
(1,932 Views)

Dang, thought I had one... just 6 months short of the record 🙂

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-I-convert-a-string-to-it-s-codes-version/td-p/49828

20 years, 10 months, 9 days.

Message 95 of 98
(1,742 Views)

Some of us are working with archaic versions of LabVIEW. I'm stuck with V2015 until the budget allows the upgrade. (NIs new subscription service is part of management's reluctance to upgrade) More than once I found a workaround on a problem from a very old thread that resolved itself with a later version. If the thread is locked I can't thank/kudo the author of the solution. Just my $0.02. 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 96 of 98
(1,562 Views)

24 years and 2 months but perhaps not a real post since it is a generic query and from a new member:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Accces-to-controls-with-activeX/td-p/1800

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 98
(1,260 Views)

Haven't been here in a while and came to log a Win XP driver query after ~ 20.5 years dormant.  So I'm only just now seeing the 24+ yr one posted by AK2DM.  It's technically the longest dormancy I've seen, but I share the doubt about its status as record-holder since it isn't a *relevant* continuation of the old thread.  It's just an out-of-the-blue remark from a new member serving only to address the age of the previous post and not its content.

In my own rankings I'm not inclined to think of it as a record holder -- I'd reserve that status for replies that actually follow up on the original thread's content.  Irrelevant remarks don't really count (in my book) as "reviving" a thread.  For example -- I'm guessing there's been a number of spam postings to long-dormant threads that simply haven't been tallied here before, nor should they be.

-Kevin P

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 98
(515 Views)