Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock old threads

Solved!
Go to solution

The Chairman of the Rules Committee (who sits just down the hall from the Department of Redundancy Department) thanks you for bringing this thread to his attention.  His ruling is that it is *not* a record, but it shall henceforth be considered throughout the lands as a "notable curiosity".

-Kevin P, 

in that kind of mood 😋

P.S.  I've only been focusing on the longest time a thread has spent being dormant before being revived, i.e., the longest time gap between *consecutive* posts.  Under that measure, the linked thread tops out at about 15 years.  Interesting that it has 2 other multi-year gaps though.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 71 of 98
(3,565 Views)

Hi Kevin,

again not a new record, but an old thread popping up after (within some minutes) exactly 20 years here

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 98
(3,541 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Kevin,

again not a new record, but an old thread popping up after (within some minutes) exactly 20 years here

If that's not intentional it's a pretty incredible coincidence... And yet, I suspect that is exactly so. (So perhaps not in-credible, but amazing...)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 98
(3,531 Views)

Surprise entry from Professor Schor...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-I-exit-a-FOR-loop-before-it-has-completed-its-iterations/td-p/1...

I also saw the title (since it popped into recent posts now) and thought it should be an easy thread to answer, but noted it already had 4 replies. Figured probably done, but opened to read anyway.

Was surprised to discover that it was a 17y/o thread from a time before conditional terminals on For loops...

Another example of an updated answer helping future finders, I think. Although surprised that it was found and reanswered...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 98
(3,494 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

Surprise entry from Professor Schor...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-I-exit-a-FOR-loop-before-it-has-completed-its-iterations/td-p/1...

I also saw the title (since it popped into recent posts now) and thought it should be an easy thread to answer, but noted it already had 4 replies. Figured probably done, but opened to read anyway.

Was surprised to discover that it was a 17y/o thread from a time before conditional terminals on For loops...

Another example of an updated answer helping future finders, I think. Although surprised that it was found and reanswered...

Well, that thread was revived by somebody asking a C++ question.  Rolf moved it to the CVI board (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/Re-Can-I-exit-a-FOR-loop-before-it-has-completed-its-iterati....  But the original thread would still be marked as having new content, even though it no longer did.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 98
(3,484 Views)

Not a new record, but a certain AristosQueue himself just performed a useful 19+ year zombie thread revival...

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 98
(3,488 Views)

Well if that's not a megavote for not locking then I don't know what is 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 98
(3,486 Views)

New record?  EDIT[ Apparently not but I had to smile at the snippet in 2020 provided as a reply to a question in 6.i]

17y 6m 12d

At least worth an honorable mention.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 78 of 98
(3,108 Views)

Not a new record, but worthy of mention:

20 years, 2 months, 14 days.

Other fun fact: 2 distinct replies from altenbach separated by more than 22.5 years!  (After pointing out the zombie nature of the thread and playing along anyway.)

-Kevin P

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 98
(2,772 Views)

Another notable mention, AristosQueue necro's an (almost) 18 year old thread:

How can I subtract timestamps to give me a DBL t ime in seconds? 

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 98
(2,762 Views)