LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Bosch HCS01 IndraDrive as EtherCAT (CoE) slave to LabView 2023 Project

Dear NI Community,

I am battling to load the ESI files for a Bosch HCS01 Servo Drive with the purpose of adding the slave to my LabVIEW project for basic motion tasks (no motion control). 

My configurations is as follows:

• cRIO 9040, firmware 23.3.0f145-x64, with LV RT23.1, NI Scan Engine 23.1, NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT 23.0, NI RIO 23.0
  • Host PC: Windows 11, LV 2023 64-bit, NI Compact Rio Driver 2023Q1, LV RT 2023Q1, NI Industrial Communications for EtherCAT 2023Q3
  • Bosch-Rexroth HCS01 Servo Drive: firmware 20V14 (Basic version of the firmware/drive) 

I have been successful in using the Bosch SDI (https://www.vipm.io/package/sdi_plug_in_bosch_rexroth_indradrive_system/) to control the drive and third-party servo motor from LabVIEW 2020 using CAN open over EtherCAT (CoE, device profile CiA402), where it appears the SDI plug-in is still compatible. However, the SDIs do not install on LabVIEW 2023 probably due to NI dropping support for SoftMotion - I can't install SoftMotion on the cRIO using LabVIEW 2023. 

I have been attempting to add the IndraDrive slaves, without the SoftMotion SDI, on LabVIEW 2023 using the ESI files provided by the drive manufacturer (2022/2023 ESI file), where I import the files to the RT target only. But the files will not import as shown in the screenshot below:

Error when importing ESI fileError when importing ESI file

I have also attempted to select the whole folder as there are EDS files in the directory (see https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8UKSA0&l=en-ZA) with the .xml ESI file which does not help. I have also tried the ESI file supplied with SDI plugin and that doesn't work either (on LV2023). I have attached the ESI file from the SDI (2017) and the latest ESI files (2022/2023 ESI file) from the supplier. Note, the cRIO can see the IndraDrive slaves using CoE (drive profile CiA402) but obviously does not recognize them. 

My guess is that there is a file format error in the ESI file (2022/2023 ESI file) but I have no idea as to what the issue could be. Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(818 Views)