LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use .ini file to resize my front panel from small screen to big screen?

Lets say i made a VI in small screen laptop now i want to move to a big monitor, can i use .ini to save the configuration and later made minor changes into the values for big monitor? Or is there another way to move the application from small screen to a big screen without deforming the front panel?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(313 Views)

I am unable open the link, do you still remember which video is this? i need this one on urgent basis.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(421 Views)

I want to make a VI which will display the front panel properly across both(small and large) resolutions and when window is maximized, all items and text should be proportionately displayed. Can you help me with the approach?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(446 Views)

Hi tan,

@tan0709 wrote:

I am unable open the link, do you still remember which video is this? i need this one on urgent basis.

It wasn't a video, it was a knowledge-base article...

You can set splitter bars in your frontpanel (to define panes) and you can define behaviour of frontpanel elements for each pane...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(407 Views)

@tan0709 wrote:

Thank you!

See: https://web.archive.org/web/20190725014214/http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3687/en/ 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(393 Views)

@tan0709 wrote:

I want to make a VI which will display the front panel properly across both(small and large) resolutions and when window is maximized, all items and text should be proportionately displayed. Can you help me with the approach?

Scaling all objects isn't that hard.

Even if you can't get away with build in scaling (panes, autosizing). See for instance GUI's with Dynamic Panes - GDevCon#1 (youtube.com). That needs an update, but that's just details (nobody complained, so I guess nobody uses it, or everybody as able to fixe it 🙄).

Scaling fonts is going to be tedious. Font sizes are not continuous (not linear).

Also, fonts are only accessible though references, and to support all fonts, you'd have to go through the entire reference hierarchy and (recursively) get all font references from your FP objects. For object scaling, I used a trick to avoid that.

I'd think very hard about scaling fonts, or at least all of them.

You could simply tell the user(s) to set a convenient DPI:

1. Right-click (on the desktop shortcut of the) app.
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Go to the Compatibility tab.
  4. Change high DPI settings for that app.

(How to change Scaling for Specific Apps in Windows 11 (thewindowsclub.com)).

Message 6 of 7
(382 Views)

Hi tan,

@tan0709 wrote:

Lets say i made a VI in small screen laptop now i want to move to a big monitor, can i use .ini to save the configuration and later made minor changes into the values for big monitor? Or is there another way to move the application from small screen to a big screen without deforming the front panel?

Why do you start new threads when you already got answers for your problem?

You can manipulate any values which you read from your INI file, but I don't see how that would help you with your problem...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(300 Views)