LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not read shared variable on cRIO, error -1950678968 nitaglv

Took a quick look at the chassis I had the problem on....  The ini file has an entry in the [MODULES VERSIONS] for nitaglv.out=6.3.  There is no entry for it in the [LVRT] section.  There is one in the dependency section as nitaglv.out=logosrt.out.  Again though, this is now a functional working chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,659 Views)

I have the same components you are using, but the procedure I wrote solved my problem on 3 different controllers. No formatting, reinstalls of minimal/full/custom sws did solve the problem.

Even though this is not the first time I have run into such a problem. About 2-3 years ago we had similar problem with the cFPs. That time the error was also caused by a "corrupt" lv-rt.ini file, as it did not contain a needed .out file in the startup dll list. It happened only if you upgraded the FP sw on a cFP to a newer version without formatting it before the upgrade. I don't remember the exact version numbers but it was a really minor upgrade like upgrading from 6.0.7 to 6.0.8.

There is one thing different from your setup however: I don't use Scan mode. I haven't use it ever, but I don't think this might cause such a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,651 Views)

Hi Brad!

I think the dependency entry means nitaglv.out needs the logosrt.out to be loaded before it can be loaded to memory. But that's only a guess.

What do you mean by working functional chassis? Do you host the variables on the controller or on a different target/PC?

I hope you will be able to find your old project to see if adding that line would resolve your problem too.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,649 Views)

I just spent a few days with this same problem and I did what you said and it fixed my problem! 

Thanks Bill Burt

Bill Burt
Systems Engineer 
Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,522 Views)

Thanks!  This also fixed my problem.

I'd feel more comfortable fixing this by redoing the software install in MAX.  However, I tried this 3 times with different items selected, and I couldn't get it to work.  After following Peter's suggestion and editing the ni-rt.ini directly, it works.

I am using an NI cRIO-9073 with LabVIEW 2011.

Shawn Walpole

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,494 Views)

While the manual Edit of NI-RT.ini seemed to fix the errors I was getting on the RT VI, there were still problems reading from the shared variables on the PC VI.  I have since reformatted the cRIO-9073 and reinstalled the software, and now it works.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,490 Views)

I've struggled with this same problem on and off for months.  Sometimes reinstalling the cRIO software fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.  I finally just tried modifying the ni-rt.ini file as described above and it is definitely working now. Very strange but I'm glad I get to go to bed tonight...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,299 Views)

Big Thanks @peter_smith, your help solved my problem.

I have cRIO-9012 Controller, cRIO-9101 Chassis and 9215 analog input C module.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,801 Views)

Hi @pggoncalves, glad to hear it worked for you too.

May I ask what SW versions you use, just to see if this is still a problem in current LV versions too?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,776 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2018.

pggoncalves_0-1617110348755.png

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,751 Views)