cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a MS Access database with DB Tools Open Connection VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

So I'm having issues with accessing a password protected database.  in this case my Password is "Password" as I'm just trying to get it to work.  

Some background.  I've connected MS access databases to LabView a few times, but I have never used a password and it seems to be giving me a few problems. I'm wondering if there is some formatting that I have to do to get it to work. and I've tried a few variations like adding an "admin" User ID and putting things in quotes and ' to no avail.  Again if I take the password out everything works fine.

In any case, I made a sandbox VI to show how I have set it up with a dummy database password is Password.  (Looks like I can't attach the MS Access file so oh well). 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated,

Chris 

I get error -2147217843:

NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi->sandbox.vi<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E4D
Exception occured in Microsoft JET Database Engine: Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. in NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi->sandbox.vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(225 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author none010010

There is a post on this very LabVIEW Forum, "Connecting to an access database", posted October 18, 2016, which discussed this problem and appeared to come to a solution that worked.  I found it by doing a Web search for "labview access database password".

If you follow this post, and find that it is a solution, please mark this post of mine as the "solution" to your question, to help others who might have similar questions.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(192 Views)

Thanks after following the Document at the end I got it to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(161 Views)