From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant buffer error

Screenshot 2024-04-25 110957.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 111011.png

Screenshot 2024-04-25 111053.png

  

Screenshot 2024-04-25 111235.png

 I have a program shown above, whose output i want to send to an oscilloscope through daq assistant. when i connect the array/waveform to daqassist, LabVIEW adds a convert to dynamic data express, whose output is also shown. But I get a buffer error for the daq assistant, what settings should I use to fix this. PLEASE HELP. p.s. I know my program is also inefficient, tips to make it better is also appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(122 Views)

Hi mahe,

@mahe3173 wrote:

when i connect the array/waveform to daqassist, LabVIEW adds a convert to dynamic data express, whose output is also shown. But I get a buffer error for the daq assistant, what settings should I use to fix this.

I know my program is also inefficient, tips to make it better is also appreciated, thank you.

Your VI is very inefficient: to make it better you should read this and use plain DAQmx functions!

I would read the error message as "you write new samples too often"…

• Why do you need a shift register and two controls to set the number of iterations of your FOR loop?
  • Why do you need to calculate sin(pi/2) so often? Why not use an InitArray function with a "1" as input?
  • Why do you need 4 charts/graphs to display the same data array?
  • Which sample rate do you set/want to use?
  • Why don't you use real waveforms with sample timing included?
  • Which hardware do you use?
  • Why don't you attach your VI?

(When attaching code from recent LabVIEW versions please downconvert: File->Save for previous. Most recommend LV2021 or older, I prefer LV2019.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(117 Views)

Thank you so much for the insights. 

• Im using 4 charts so that i can see what the convert to dynamic data had done to my input array. 
  • Im not using the direct waveform functions, as I can't figure a way to multiple the Blackman window to every pulse of the sine wave separately.
  • I have a PXIE-6363 and scb-68a to output the waveform.
  • I'm not sure I understand your question of which sample rate i want to use.
  • also i have never used the plain daqmx functions and am in a time constraint to understand how they really work, sorry.

my issue is that I don't understand how to output a set of values in an array through daq assist. so far I've only sent out waveforms generated by the simulate signal. Ive attached the LV 2019 file below. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(82 Views)

Hi mahe,

@mahe3173 wrote:
  • I'm not sure I understand your question of which sample rate i want to use.

In the DAQAssistent you activated the checkmark to use the timing of the waveform signal, but you don't provide a waveform in your VI. All you create is an array of samples, with no timing information! The DAQAssistent most probably handles your array as a waveform using a dt of 1, so it outputs the samples at 1Hz…

What is the desired sample rate in your application?

When you create 20 samples per iteration: how long should it take to "play" those samples over the AO channel?

Again: using DAQmx functions and waveform wires is much simpler than understanding DDT wires and what they do to your data!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(78 Views)