LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Application developed Using LabVIEW requires License to distribute it to other users

This application basically Modbus Device simulator it can run on any PC how i can confirm it requires license to execute on other user machine or can i distribute it freely to any user

guide me on this ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(411 Views)

You can create an installer in the Licensed version and distribute/Deploy to as many as possible if you are not using any toolkits which requires RTE License.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(392 Views)

All of your source code and compiled executables are your (or your company's) intellectual property.

You are free to distribute your source code and executables as you see fit.

You can even charge for them as long as you are:

1. Not using the LabVIEW Community Edition
  2. Not charging for the required LabVIEW Runtime libraries
  3. Not distributing the LabVIEW development package, separately purchased add-ons, or toolkits 

Some NI and third party toolkits may have other licensing and distribution restrictions   

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(341 Views)

I think technically you have to put in a little readme regarding LV, but I can't remember what that is.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(324 Views)