LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening a VI (LabVIEW: Failed to load dynamic library because of missing external symbols or dependencies, or because of an invalid file format. The file could not be loaded)

Same issue, but I had back ups and same thing is happening after restoring the backup file.

I think this happened after windows 10 was updated, or was during the update!

Did anyone find the solution? 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(3,509 Views)

Honestly, there is no solution in this post and hence it is a bit misleading for this post to be marked as "Solved" 🙂  The developer had to redo the whoile VI, which is not a solution. And another poster found nothing in the hex file, which again is not a solution.

Just saying 🙂

Sastry Vadlamani
RF Principal Software Engineer
Aerospace and Defence BU
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 12 of 19
(2,897 Views)

I just had the same problem/issue.   After trying to save my file I got an error message ""cannot load Help Information..." (which seems to date back to a LV 8.x version issue) and then after closing the file could no longer open it again.   I am running Windows 10 and the file I was working with was on a network server.   I'm requesting our IT to give me the most recent back up so I do not loose as much data but I'm afraid it will happen again since I do not know what caused the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,817 Views)

This same error just happened to me using LV2017 SP1!  Unfortunately the dialog did not give any hint as to which VI was causing the error.

Spent hours trying to figure it out because I had to systematically disable half the code in my project until I discovered that the shipping malleable VI (.vim) (Is Value Changed.vim) was causing the issue.

I replaced all instances of this VIM (with the Open G version of this VI) and it built without error!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,793 Views)

I had the same problem with LV2017 SP1 when building an packed library.

What helped me was to delete single VIs until i was able to build without any problem to identify the VI causing the issue.

After i found the VI i rebuilt it to do exactly the same and after that i was able to build the library even if the code has not changed.  

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(845 Views)

I need help My vi file turned the as image file. I can  not open file. When I put inside the new vi file, its seen my file interface as an image.  Please Help me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(84 Views)

Hi Yakup,

@Yakup1971 wrote:

I need help My vi file turned the as image file. I can  not open file. When I put inside the new vi file, its seen my file interface as an image.  Please Help me.

This file inside your ZIP actually is a BMP image of the frontpanel of your VI.

Did you make a screenshot of this frontpanel and accidently saved it with the filename of your VI?

Solution to your problem: get the VI from your backup or even better an older version from your SCC repository!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(82 Views)

You are so clever.  Thanks.
yes I realise that "I made a screenshot of this front panel and accidentally saved it with the filename of my VI"
and also ther is not an VI backup. at "Documents\LabVIEW Data\LVAutoSave" 
Do you have any advise.
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(75 Views)

Hi Yakup,

@Yakup1971 wrote:

ther is not an VI backup. at "Documents\LabVIEW Data\LVAutoSave"

When there is no backup then you need to recreate this VI from scratch.

@Yakup1971 wrote:

Do you have any advise.

Start making backups.

Even better: start using a SCC tool!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(66 Views)