LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem with ETS and the Hard Drive

Hi everybody, I been having an struggle with RTOS (ETS) and the set up of this. I bought a piTX embedded computer, in which one I wish to install ETS, someone did it before.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-RT-on-third-party-targets/m-p/989962/highlight/true

I have all the requirements:
A hard drive which has a primary FAT32 partition
The Ethernet chipset
The board supports SATA connection which supports RAID/AHCI

The problem that I have, is when I try to test the system to see if is compatible with the ETS, the OS don't recognize the Hard drive, and I try to format it and it says that the Hard drive wasn't found.

If someone can help me, it would be really appreciated.

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,593 Views)

Try to enter the BIOS an set the SATA operation from AHCI to Legacy.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,579 Views)

I already did it... and it didn't work. The embedded computer supports Native IDE, and AHCI, I've already changed it to AHCI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,574 Views)

The pITX does not support legacy mode, only NATIVE IDE and AHCI mode.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,570 Views)

You said that your hard drive has a primary FAT32 partition.  Are there any other partitions on the hard drive, or just that one?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,562 Views)

In total, I have two partitions, the first partition is about 1 GB and the rest is 79 GB, but doesn't have the FAT32 format and there is nothing there, I don't have anything installed in the other partition. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,556 Views)

If neither the Native mode nor the AHCI mode is working with ETS, I see no chance to get this thing working.

Sorry Christian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,554 Views)

Acording with the requirements for the ETS, I can make a change in the BIOS, and make the SATA looks like a Pararell-ATA with the Legacy mode, or compatible mode. The piTX works with RAID and AHCI, but none of these let me install the ETS.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,546 Views)

Have you tried running the Desktop PC Evaluator, just to see if everything else should work correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,540 Views)

Yes, I tried several times, but I always have the same problem, this is the problem that I have.

Error! Cannot initialize the hard drive. Check the hardware configuration. Note: LabVIEW Real-Time supports Parallel ATA hard drives and Serial ATA hard drives. Serial ATA hard drives must be configured to use "compatibility" mode to appear as a Parallel ATA drive, or to use "AHCI/RAID" mode to appear as a Serial ATA drive.

The strange thing, is when I turn on the computer, it shows that I have the hard drive connected, and I changed the in the BIOS configuration to make the hard drive compatible, I can't format the hard drive with the USB utility either.

Please, I really help need on this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,526 Views)