LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Toolkit MultipleReadVI

My LabVIEW VI should communicate with my Siemens S7 1200 as a OPC UA Client. The S7 is hosting the OPC UA Server. Im trying to write on any given OPC UA nodes.

Basicly the given VI should set the Bool in the node True after pressing start, and False after pressing stop. 

The two Wireshark snips show a incorrect Timestamp, but i do not know if its the reson for the Error.

Wireshark_WriteRequest_OPC_UA.png

Wireshark_OPC_UA_WriteResponse.png

This is a snip of the running VI(feel free to test it urself)

codric_0-1693408002774.png

codric_1-1693408092987.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(630 Views)

I cannot open your VI because it is saved in LabVIEW 2023. Please save it for previous version. LabVIEW 2019 might be ok for most people.

I have no experience with the S7 OPC UA server. Anyway, the node id looks very strange to me - it looks like a node id for an Object or ObjectFolder. Connect the server with any of the well working OPC UA clients and look for the correct node id.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(605 Views)

There is the same VI for LabVIEW 2019 and these are the nodes im using. Specificly the marked one in this VI.

OPC_UA_Node.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(572 Views)

have you tried a node id like "ns=4;s=Config_SPS.Loggen"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(565 Views)

Ty for the Tip,

but the node is not the problem. I testet the read and it worked, It could also read a sudden valuechange that i set in Tia on the node. Here is the modified VI and some screenshots.

codric_0-1693461100474.png

codric_1-1693461307321.png

I still belive that the error has to do with the wrong timestamp that i mentioned earlier. Could someone investigate that aspect pls.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(545 Views)