cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning 16058 when building Package Installer with Package Builder

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I have a strange problem with the new NI package builder. 

With Package Manager I've installed NI-IMAQdx Version 2023 Q1 including all drivers.

When I try to make an Installer of this package with the NI Package Builder I'll get a lot of 16058 warnings, telling me "The solution contains references to packages which could not be found". One example is package "ni-imaqdx-labview-2022-support-x86" version 23.0.0

I've checked the installed package with the Package Manager and found it was actually installed but with a newer version 23.1.0. That's why I get the warnings.

Why is package builder not looking for the latest version installed? And is there a setting inside the Package Builder to change this?

I've experienced this behaviour in other Installer Packages as well and is pretty annoying. It blocks me to create a fully functional installer with the package builder.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Bernd

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(856 Views)

Can you share what your NI Package Builder project looks like and how are the packages that are included in the warnings are included/referenced by the project, does the warning appear on load of solution or build, and does the build succeed or error?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(805 Views)

Hi Scott,

the build succeed with a lot of warnings. I've attached the logs in a txt file. The warnings appear after I've started to build the package installer.
I've also attached a screenshot of my Package Builder GUI.

Thanks a lot!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(768 Views)

The 2023 Q1 release on my side has the version of 23.0.0, so I am confused you saying there is a 23.1.0 version as I do not see that version ever being released.

1. Can you generate a list of all installed packages on your system by calling in an admin prompt the following command and capture the console output:
"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\nipkg.exe" list-installed

2. Can you list the files in the C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\packages folder and share that?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(753 Views)

What is it that you are trying to accomplish in the NI Package Builder solution? I am confused by what is the purpose of the custom package that the solution has configured that has the name "NI-IMAQdx" and version 1.0.0.0? What is the package name of that custom package? Are you just trying to build an installer of just NI-IMAQdx? What do you want the installer to include?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(747 Views)

I've attached the required data as txt files. Maybe I had a wrong guess about the versions, because I saw some packages in the Package Manager displays 23.1.0.0 or similar. However, it's weird that I get a warning for not finding a package, which is actually installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(732 Views)

Yes, I'm trying to create a custom installer for IMAQdx and all included drivers. I already did this for LabVIEW, FPGA and Realtime.

Is it better to just use the Offline Installer maybe, which I can download at NI downloads?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(730 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xenia1986

Looking at the list of installed ni-imaqdx* packages, the output lists the following:

ni-imaqdx 23.0.0.49313-0+f161
ni-imaqdx-c-support 23.0.0.49309-0+f157
ni-imaqdx-development-support 23.0.0.49309-0+f157
ni-imaqdx-expert 23.0.0.49308-0+f156
ni-imaqdx-isc178x-win 23.0.0.49300-0+f148
ni-imaqdx-labview-support 23.0.0.49309-0+f157
ni-imaqdx-runtime 23.0.0.49309-0+f157

NI Package Builder can include packages in an installer it builds from (a) packages that are installed, or (b) top-level packages that are included in an installer on disk, or (c) packages that the solution builds. The warnings you are seeing represent the recommendations of ni-imaqdx that are not installed and letting you know they are not installed and thus cannot be included in the built installer.

Looking back at the NI Package Manager image you shared earlier, it was of the Packages tab which are packages in registered feeds but are not installed. For example, the "NI-IMAQdx Support for LabVIEW 2022 (xx-bit)" package likely cannot be installed unless LabVIEW 2022 is first installed. This package is likely one of the recommended packages that will be listed when installing NI-IMAQdx when that version of LabVIEW is being installed or is already installed.

You might find the following KB of value: How Can I Build a Custom Installer for Multiple NI Products?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(691 Views)

Hi Scott,

thanks for the clarification and your help. Much appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(619 Views)