Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6221 fails self test in MAX

I have a PCI-6221 card in a computer that is doing some automated board level testing. On Wednesday, the tester fired up the computer and got a message about a new PCI device being installed. The computer had lost the driver for the 6221. I have updated the driver this morning. Now if I go into MAX and click self test, it fails and gives me message -50010 "specified offset is out of range for read operations". Has anybody run into this that they could help walk me through. Without this up and running production is starting to fall behind. Thanks to any and all that can possibly help

Chirs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,857 Views)

Hello

This error is hardware related, and error can occur even after the hardware setup has been functioning correctly.  One known solution is to switch the card from the current PCI slot to another working slot in the computer.  This indicates that the error could be due to a power surge or an excess of voltage being passed through the PCI bus.  In some cases, re-installing the card in the same slot will work as well.

Keep me posted on how it goes

Thanks.

nAyer

Message 2 of 2
(2,823 Views)