Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Non-ideal Battery self-recharging - why? How to fix this?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am building a circuit that requires a recharging battery simulation. I found out that there is the option in the Power Sources of a NON_IDEAL_BATTERY, which sounds perfect with simple configuration. To make sure I understood how it worked, to replace my much-more-complicated Capacitor-as-simulated-battery configuration, I created a simple circuit (attached) with just a battery connected to a resistor and then ground, with a simple switch and an oscilloscope to check voltage throughout the simulation.

I expected that the battery would discharge to practically zero, and then stay there regardless of what position the switch was in - as, of course, the battery has been discharged and there is no recharging power source.

However, the battery starts charging on its own - see the attached image with the voltage measurement.

Why is this happening? I tried to change parameters in the model data, specifically this: "Cchrg 0 30 <3600*#5> IC=1", however I am not allowed to do this in my Multisim.

Thank you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,849 Views)

Привет! Думаю, во временном анализе это делать-лучше. Кривая разряда соответствует теории. Вверху-кривая заряда.

fofango570_1-1700934313152.png

fofango570_0-1700932489088.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,814 Views)

-продолжение. В ноль поставить начальное напряжение нельзя, так как зарядный ток уходит в бесконечность в начале симуляции. Вот ещё одна картинка приближающаяся к реальности...

fofango570_0-1700936175100.png

fofango570_0-1700937380386.pngfofango570_1-1700937639392.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,803 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure if I understand your point, or maybe I did not make my question clear.

I wanted to make sure the NON_IDEAL_BATTERY option worked very similarly to an actual battery, so I created a simple circuit to see the voltage charge and discharge curves.

It has a 5V battery in series with a 1ohm resistor (just to speed things up), in series with a Single Pole- Single Throw switch to close or open the circuit and then ground.

There is only one voltage source in the circuit, which is the battery. Therefore, it is my understanding that, after the battery is discharged, if I open or close the switch, the voltage throughout the circuit should be zero as the battery is dead and there is no other voltage source.

However, when I opened the switch - and therefore had an open circuit - the battery started charging up.

Why is this happening? Is there a way to correct this in Multisim?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,788 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barbpp

Спасибо за пояснения. Теперь понял вас. В spice-syntax источник напряжения -есть источник напряжения. То есть он должен давать напряжение и не иметь сопротивления. В модели неидеального источника введены параметры "ухудшающие" его идеальные характеристики. Так, воздействуя на эти параметры, получим другие характеристики, то есть аккумулятор почти не заряжается после разрядки. Правда кривая разрядки стала более крутой.

fofango570_0-1700972827560.png

Message 5 of 12
(1,731 Views)

Thank you for the reply. 

If I understood correctly, in the image you changed the parameter Cchrg to 0.001, which then makes the battery not recharge after depletion. 

How did you change that parameter? Did you do it in Multisim or in the Ultiboard software?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,665 Views)

Спасибо вам за интересную тему, поднятую вами. Всегда проходил мимо такого компонента питания, а аккумулятор моделировал ёмкостью, стабилитроном и сопротивлениями.
Спасибо за звезду. А решение мне кажется ещё сыровато. Я изменил электрическую ёмкость аккумулятора в модели, которая пропечатывается в спайс-листинге. Вы до этого сами дошли, когда написали такую строчку:  "Cchrg 0 30 <3600*#5> IC=1".
Экспериментируя с другими выключателями, получаю разные эффекты, но, пока не пойму, почему, всё-таки идёт заряд при разомкнутом ключе...А? как изменял параметры сниму GIF.
На этом анализе нет зарядки, когда импульс в нуле.

fofango570_0-1701037779284.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,636 Views)

-продолжение.

Арбитрари спайс блок.gif

 После внесения изменений в ARBITRARY_SPICE_BLOCK, нажимаем ОК, и источник питания получает новые свойства. Модель из спайс-блока будет флаговой.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,627 Views)

-продолжение темы.
Поколдовал над моделью. Получил разрядную кривую, почти до нуля. Дальше процесс затыкается. Эту модель можно использовать в проектах, где нужна только разрядная ветвь батареи, имхо...

fofango570_0-1701128262128.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,552 Views)

продолжение темы.
Здесь обсуждения профессионалов. https://kazus.ru/forums/showpost.php?p=1401576&postcount=2075
Специалисты из NI -отдыхают!....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,511 Views)