NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELVIS III will not connect to Measurements Live via browser/usb

Solved!
Go to solution

My school purchased ELVIS III trainers a couple years ago for a new lab.  We were trained at purchase and trainers worked well.  A year goes by and sadly does any service agreement and I cannot manage to get them connected to Measurementslive.  I have tried Slimjet browser and Chrome browser, nothing.  I have tried reconfiguring Java security settings (ref to previous thread on this board) and nothing.  What is working is NI MAX sees the board fine and says it is connected and running.  I can see all the software on the board and make all the configuration changes.  While I was in there I upgraded the firmware which is now on 7 I believe.  I get an IP showing for the USB 172.22.11.2 and that works fine.  I can force restart via NI MAX.  But it NEVER connects to a browser in any way, not with 172.22.11.2 or measurementslive.ni.com..nothing.  I have about 10 $3500 dollar bricks lying around the lab and I need some trainers.  Any help is appreciated.

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dberry2462

Use a Old versión of Chrome like 69, that fix my problem

Message 2 of 10
(4,112 Views)

After having our IT roll back the Chrome browser in every single image on every single laptop, it works.  But I might use this space to complain though because NI should be embarrassed. They advertise how they are such a powerhouse in all applications around the world but clearly are brought to their knees by simple free browsers.  I can't use Chrome, sometimes need Internet Explorer and Firefox is out altogether. So my $3500 trainer will only function if I get the free browser that just happens to let it function, otherwise I am screwed. Embarrassing.

Message 3 of 10
(4,103 Views)

Yes is was annoying not to be able to use the brand new equipment!! but they have an open ticket and workarounds. you can read in this link

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YO8HCAW&l=es-DO

Right now I can only use in one computer, and not use one of the main feature that is connect multiple user via network or wifi

Message 4 of 10
(4,101 Views)

Hello guys,

thanks for the information, I had now same problem. Solved through Firefox.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,087 Views)

I know there is a bulletin from NI stating that ELVIS is now compatible with Firefox but I tried and it didn't work.  It seems like they should have a consistent and reliable procedure in place so we don't spend all our time deciphering it.

Message 6 of 10
(4,079 Views)

Hoping this gets fixed quickly!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,076 Views)

Hi again.

I think, this is something different, mayby i should start new tread, but let me put my problem/question/concern here.
Im also teacher and I specified and ordered Elvis via Europian Union project - 4 yars ago (!) In this time I specified Elvis II plus Multisim 14. I get it last week. 🙂
Just now I recognized - Multisim 14 has possibility to create and use Elvis II design, but with Elvis III we need to use Multisim Live.
I started work with this Multisim Live only today, that means, mayby Im wrong, but this ML seems for me as joke against Multisim 14.2 Education (where I have a plenty prepared drawings).
Before I had contact with Ni guys (dealers) but now NI outsourced this to Yotta Volt partner, where contacted person have nothing information, cant help me.
As dberry2462 wrote, Im on same position, training or really detailed description would be fine.
Do you have something advice about this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,067 Views)

Once you get it setup it does work with Safari on Mac

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,063 Views)

The simplest way to connect NI ELVIS III with measurements live is as follows:

1. Install only ni elvis iii bundle software that too 2019 sp1. 
2. While installing 2019 sp1 select all software. 
3. once installation is done connect board with usb and use ni max to install 2019 june version of software on the board. 
4. once installation on board completed, press button 0 and check for usb ip address. Open measurement live and feed the ip address, before pressing connect make sure that board display should be on. 

if you find any difficulty connect with me on this forum 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(344 Views)