NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating and instance of the COM component

After TestStand crashed and automatically shutdown windows I was no longer able to open the sequence editor. 

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {B2794EF6-C0B6-11D0-939-0020AF68E893} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80004005

I was using TestStand 4.0.  I have tried restarting multiple times, I have completely uninstalled all NI software and made sure the reg key above was removed, restarted and reinstalled everything and the same thing happens.  I have also tried upgrading to TestStand 4.0.1 and it still happens.

I have took a look of what comes out on my debug viewer when I click OK on the error message.  Below is what is output.

Not all type usage lists have been destroyed!
Error Code: -17001
Where raised: 
  function:  TypeUsageList::DeleteAllTypeUsageLists
  file:  .\tstobj2\TypeList.cpp
  line:  855
  compilation time:  14:31:01  Oct  2 2007
Where caught:  Debugging When Exception Constructed
WARNING!!! 'destructor exception' Line 10809 in function  in file .\tstobj2\TestObj.cpp
Compilation Date: Oct  2 2007 Compilation Time: 14:31:03
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,591 Views)
Hi Brandon,

Have you tried running the TestStand Version Selector?  If you have not, can you try running the TestStand Version Selector by going to Start » Programs » National Instruments » TestStand 4.0 » TestStand Version Selector.  When the Version Selector opens, verify that 4.0 is selected in the Installed TestStand versions list and click on the Make Active button.  Once you have done this, try to launch the TestStand Sequence Editor again.

If this does not help, please create a phone or email Support Request on our website so that we may discuss this further.  You may reference this forum post in your Service Request creation. I have brought our R&D team into the loop on this issue and we have a potential solution available for you if the above steps do not resolve the issue.
Message 2 of 7
(5,560 Views)
Hi Brandon,

This problem can occur if the stationglobals.ini file or other files in your cfg directory have gotten into a bad state. Since you saw this problem after a crash it seems likely that that is the source of your problem. Please try renaming the stationglobals.ini and other files in your cfg directory and let us know if that helps.

-Doug
Message 3 of 7
(5,541 Views)

I have the same error.  I removed the StationGlobals.ini file this did not help.  I then reloaded TestStand 4.0 no change.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,623 Views)

Have you tried running the version selector? Did your app also crash potentially leaving things in a bad state? Did it ever used to work on this machine?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,610 Views)

I tried running the version selector and got an error: Visual Studio 8.0 not found in registry.  Error code  17003. 

After that message I get another that says the active TestStand version has been changed sucessfully.

I still cannot start TestStand. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,604 Views)

Do the user-interfaces run or do they give you the same error? If it's only the sequence editor that gives you the error, try deleting the file called layout_current.bin in your local app data directory (typically <User Directory>\AppData\Local\National Instruments\TestStand on Windows 7/Vista and <User Directory>\Local Settings\Application Data\National Instruments\TestStand on Windows XP).

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,593 Views)