From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Phoenix LabVIEW User Group (PLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUG+ - FAQ

What is ALVUG?

Advanced LabVIEW User Group [meeting]

We already have a great LabVIEW User Group in the Phoenix area, why do we need an advanced user group?

1. Because we have so many great LabVIEW developers in Arizona!  In March I attended the Certified LabVIEW Architect Summit in Austin where CLAs from around the world gathered to talk about advanced LabVIEW topics.  It was a great opportunity to make connections with other CLAs and to learn from one another.  The majority of the event was not NI presenting to us, it was us presenting to ourselves.  I learned alot in a very short amount of time and I had fun!  There's no reason why we couldn't experience that same benefit on a local level.
  2. The standard LabVIEW User Group meeting should not be an intimidating environment for those who are new to LabVIEW.  It should be "seeker-friendly".  It would be easy for a newbie to become discouraged or disheartened if they sit through an advanced discussion that is over their head.  Newbies are more than welcome to attend the Advanced LabVIEW User Group meeting, but they don't have to be subjected to it in a regular LVUGM.
  3. We can be more efficient with the time we have.  It will us to talk about advanced topics and use common acroynms such as USR, LV2 globals, IPE, and DVR without needing to cater to the broad audience that currently attends the regular LVUGMs.
  4. We can talk about application/domain specific problems that ail you on your current project, with your tool set.  Hopefully someone in the Advanced User Group will have had enough similar experience to assist you in your problem domain.

Do I need to be a Certified LabVIEW Architect to attend/participate in the Advanced User Group meetings?

Absolutely not.

Do I need to live/work in the Phoenix to attend/participate in the Advanced User Group meetings?

Absolutely not.  If you are willing to travel, anyone is welcome to attend the ALVUG meetings.  Webex alternatives may be difficult given the locations of the meetings, but is something that could be investigated.

What kind of topics will be covered?

http://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/6733?tstart=0

Nate Moehring

SDG
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,404 Views)