Phoenix LabVIEW User Group (PLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUG+ - Question Bank

According to Michael Bryner and Doug Kunz, we are welcome to post questions to National Instruments.  If we can develop a bank of related questions to National Instruments, they'll coordinate to have a LabVIEW developer either travel out to meet with us, or give a webex presentation.  How sweet is that!  Post your questions here.

• Memory Management
    • How do I use the Swap Values correctly?
    • When do I use the Mark as Modifier option on the In Place Element Structure?
  • Execution Control
    • What is the ideal use case for the Skip if Busy option on subVIs with subroutine priority?
  • VI Server
    • Please provide a description of all "VI Types" returned by the VI Type property.  For example, what is a "system VI"?
  • GUI
    • How does one properly use the Sensor Mapping node?  It's great eye candy, but what does the color gradiation really mean?  The Sensor Mapping Express VI would need to know something about the physical properties of the structure in order to render a gradiation that is meaningful.  Seems like showing a color gradiated dot exacly where the sensor is located makes great sense, but to have color radiating from that point makes me scratch my head, what is it trying to show, and exactly what is the significance of the "sensor size"?  Is that just the area of the structure that can be somewhat accurately represented by that single sensor?
Nate Moehring

SDG
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,594 Views)