cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9055 General Use Question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

Recently I've been working with a cRIO 9055 and I'm not entirely sure about how it's meant to be implemented.

To clarify, I've looked over different tutorials \ forum threads \ user manuals \ etc., but I can't seem to figure out if there's a way to directly connect a monitor to the cRIO itself (along with other devices such as a mouse and keyboard), or if a host computer is effectively necessary in order to operate it.

For context, the project I'm building requires the cRIO run in a hybridized mode with FPGA modules and a real time scanning module operating simultaneously. I was trying to better understand if I could simply deploy the code to the cRIO, have it launch an application on start up, and then work with it using a mouse \ keyboard \ monitor all directly connected to it versus needing a host computer to monitor the software execution.

I was originally thinking that the console port out would be able to provide a display, but the more I've read through the manual - that just seems to be an option to connect to a host PC so someone could make configuration changes there.

The host port also seems like it's just a way of adding peripheral USB devices like storage, a keyboard, etc.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something? I'm referencing this manual below:

https://www.apexwaves.com/pdf/manuals/cRIO-9056/cRIO-905x-User-Manual.pdf

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(794 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan_Mi

There is a feature known as the embedded UI, but unfortunately not supported on cRIO-905x.

Which NI Real-Time Targets Support Embedded UI?

While cRIO-905X models do have x64 chipsets, these specific models do not have integrated graphics so embedded UI is not an option on these targets. 

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 7
(779 Views)

Do the cRIO 9058 and 9055 use ARMv7 or X86_64?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(144 Views)

All cRIO-905x use Intel x64 chipset.

Message 4 of 7
(135 Views)

@Zy Ong

Do you know if that requires U-boot or GRUB2 for Ni Linux RT Embedded Systems using LabView using the cRIO-905x's?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(126 Views)

NI Linux RT uses GRUB bootloader. Reference: NI Linux Real-Time Security User Guide

For more information about NI Linux RT, see

Under the Hood of NI Linux Real-Time

GitHub - ni/nilrt: Tools to build NI Linux RT distribution.

Message 6 of 7
(121 Views)

Okay.  I am just verifying it is not U-Boot for ARMv7.   GRUB 2 has better options for Secure Boot.  

Thank you! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(118 Views)