USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster response rate, switching for Rx to Tx?

hi, 

I'm creating an automatic jammer (receive a frequency and jam it)

I use a case structure to switch between Rx and Tx, and i use shift registers to remember the values.

Now when performing tests, it seems like the reaction time is to low (aka 1.9 seconds! see annex)

Does someone has an idea how to get better performance please? 🙂

thanks
Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,254 Views)

You could start by starting the instrument tasks before the main loop.

Otherwise, you can try to capture less samples so that the data capture on the RX side is faster.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,250 Views)

thank you for responding so fast

i changed the location of the "niUSRP open Rx session", "config signal" and "initiate  before the loops.. no result :s

for the Tx part i can't do that, because the "configure signal" is based on the receiving signal?

Number of samples and IQ rate:: i can't go lower than  0.08 ms sampling time (= using IQ: 500k and samples 400 ) otherwise the usrp doens't receive the PMR446 signals in real time (2 seconds delay), but overal it goes a little bit faster . 
overall, the lower i go in samples, the less real time it receives, why is that?

I set the jamming part is to 2 seconds transmitting. but it sends for only 1.8seconds, stops and resends?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,227 Views)