VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run project-based cfg with the VI-Analyzer API

Hi all

We have some projects where we use FPGA targets which we although like to analyze with the VI-Analyzer for code style. Analyze the target VIs in project scope works fine. We can even save the cfg with the project path and the target and reuse this cfg in the VI-Analyzer GUI.

Running the same cfg over our CI-Toolchain which is build on the VI-Analyzer API VIs results in the error 14214. Which basically seems to say this is not supported.

SAndreas_0-1589869599214.png

Change the cfg to use file directory is working in the way that the VI-Analyzer is executable. But VIs with e.g. I/O Nodes get broken and are marked as "Broken VIs" in the tests. (Probably as the VIs are opened under MyComputer Windows level instead of the FPGA with the configured IOs)

I mean as workaround we could either #via_ignore the Broken VI test or remove it from the enabled test list, but both options are in my eyes not really how it should be.

We are using currently LabVIEW 2018 SP1. Any inputs, ideas, suggestion about how to use VI-Analyzer with FPGA tragest in combination with a CI toolchain?

Kind regards,
Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,551 Views)

I can't think of a way to accomplish this with the software in its current state. For now I think the #via_ignore for the Broken VI test is the easiest way for you to move forward. Or alternatively, you could exclude the Broken VI test from your FPGA VIs in the 4th page of the VI Analyzer UI when setting up your configuration. That way the workaround is implemented in the configuration file instead of the source code.

If you feel passionately about the VI Analyzer API improving in this regard, I encourage you to post the idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,500 Views)

Hi Darren

Dank you for the feedback.

Idea Exchange post is created: Execute project-based cfg with VI-Analyzer AP .

Feel free to ad additional information.

Kind regards,
Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,489 Views)