cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer Config Files Encoding

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to run myself VI Analyzer Tasks, but it looks like the paths generated by the VI Analyzer when saving are different from the XML Parser Library.

It seems that VI Analyzer is not using UTF-8 encoding, instead appears to be using some Western encoding.

The workaround is to get the XML string convert to LVtext (using Unicode from Tools Network) and use the Write to Text File.vi function, but it does not work so good either.

Did anyone experience that?

Regards,

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

Follow my blog for LV content!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,840 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author felipe.foz

I haven't heard of anyone else having trouble with the encoding of the VI Analyzer XML files. Note that at the lowest level, the contents of the file are generated entirely with the string functions in LabVIEW. If you want to dig through the code yourself, I'm pretty sure the entire hierarchy of the XML generation is not password-protected. You can start with this VI:

vi.lib\addons\analyzer\VIAnCFGDataStructure\Tree Manager\API\Flatten XML String.vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,800 Views)

Thank you, Darren.

I didn't know these functions were not password protected. But I'll take a look into it.

So far I was using the XML Parser Library from LV shipping example, and it was incompatible with VI Analyzer, as I shortly see the VIs you indicated me do not use these functions. 

Anyways, I'll keep digging into this toolkit code, but that workaround is satisfying my needs. 

The idea is launching a VI Analyzer Config for git changed files, and the proof of concept work, so now I'm working on the code.

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,795 Views)

@Darren  escreveu:

vi.lib\addons\analyzer\VIAnCFGDataStructure\Tree Manager\API\Flatten XML String.vi

My tip. Don't use XML functions from LabVIEW, just use the XML functions that @Darren cited above and included in the API from VI Analyzer.

Regards,

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,762 Views)