cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIA Ignore doesn't work for Front Panel Property and Invoke Nodes test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

I'm using LV 2018 SP1 f4 32-bit, and I'm seeing that the "#via_ignore Front Panel Property and Invoke Nodes" bookmark doesn't ignore these test failures, both when the bookmark is tied to a specific property/invoke node or globally to the entire VI.  Other tests are ignored correctly when using the appropriate #via_ignore bookmark.

The test itself is under the "Real-Time Module" parent item in the VI analyzer configuration, but VIs under a Windows target fail the test.  I'm not sure if it's even the intended behavior that RT-specific VI Analyzer tests are applied to non-RT VIs.

The attached VI demonstrates the problem if run through any VI Analyzer config that includes the Front Panel Property and Invoke Nodes test.

Is this a known issue or expected behavior?

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,923 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author croohcifer

This is a known issue. The Real-Time VI Analyzer tests have not been updated to be UID-based tests...they are still shipped in the legacy RD format. Only UID-based tests can support #via_ignore bookmarks. More information on UID-based tests vs. RD-based tests is available in items #8 and #9 here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,904 Views)

Got it.  Thanks, Darren!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,891 Views)