VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy on top of Running Veristand System Definition

Solved!
Go to solution

I successfully deployed a system definition to a RT PXI.  I then closed the workspace but didn't undeploy.  The system definition continued to run on the PXI.  I have since modified my system definition, and would like to deploy this new file.  However,  I can't figure out how to stop the running system definition file to allow this.

Thanks,

Marty

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martym

You have a couple easy options to do this:

Run the Project: You can run a project from the Getting Started Window or by clicking the Run button in the toolbar when you configure the project. Run will first attempt to connect to the targets in the system definition without deploying. If the targets are already running with the same system definition version, then the project will simply connect. However, if the targets aren't running a system definition, are running a different system definition, or are running a different version of the system definition, then the project will stop the targets and force deploy its version before connecting. In your case, because you updated the system definition on the host, the project will stop the targets and deploy this version on top automatically for you.

Deploy the Project: You can deploy a project by clicking configure to open it, and then clicking the Deploy button in the toolbar. This will force deploy the project to the set of RT targets in the system definition, which makes them first stop whatever system definition they were running before.

In summary, pretty much the only option you don't want to try is to Connect, which in contrast with the Deploy option will only try to connect to a target running the same system definition, and won't ever deploy or stop that project.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,371 Views)