VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1939 Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I have a question about how Veristand receive J1939 messages. I have a module and it can transmit J1939 protocols messages. How can I see the SAE J1939 messages on the Veristand ? There are some information about my systems:

Computer connect remote (PC and PXI are connected with ethernet cable) PXIe-8101 and CAN module. CAN module and PXI's CAN cable connected to the mixed I/O controller.  SAE J1939 messages can be seen my desktop, but doesn't appear in my Veristand. I configured the PGN numbers and byte number. How can I solve this issue? I am not using Veristand Custom Device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,296 Views)

You should use NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/J1939-Custom-Device

The native XNET interface provided by VeriStand does not claim any J1939 address. The transmitting and receiving of J1939 frames will not work properly without the node address.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,288 Views)

Actually, I tried Custom Device but I had an error like this:

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x466) VI version is too early to convert to the current LabVIEW version.

An error occurred loading VI 'NI-XNET Custom Device.lvlib:NI-XNET Initialization VI.vi'.
LabVIEW load error code 10: VI version (9.0) is too old to convert to the current LabVIEW version (20.0f1).

VI Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2020\Custom Devices\NI-XNET\NI-XNET Configuration.llb\NI-XNET Initialization VI.vi

I don't know how I can change the version. How can I solve this error?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,282 Views)

There is a built version for 2020 at Releases · NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/J1939-Custom-Device

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,258 Views)

Thank you for your feedback ZYong. 

As you said I downloaded the addon and I applied to the Veristand but I took same datas like what we configured Chasis section XNET configuration. I take RAW data from my device. Any suggestion about taking data byte to byte using J1939?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,240 Views)

You can only do Signal based communication in VeriStand. Raw frame logging can only be used for offline processing.

J1939 is an application layer built on top of CAN. If you want to convert frames to signals, you can use XNET Conversion sessions, just like normal CAN.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,224 Views)

Actually, I take datas from my module with PXI CAN, but datas are not what I want. Datas are what I take like this

data veristand.png

 PGN number FF3AA and FF3DA's D3 and D4 datas are hexadecimal but in Veristand same datas are decimal. How can I solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,185 Views)

VeriStand controls and indicators always display value as decimal by default. You can change the display properties via the edit panel on the right.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ikeser@makersan.com

I solved the problem, I made a mistake about bit size of analog. I divide the receiving data into ten and It's work. Thank you ZYong for your feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,153 Views)