LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFA Success Stories

Do you have a LIFA success story? Share it here!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(16,993 Views)

I just wrote a little program that uses an Arduino, Hall effect sensor, magnet, 5.6kOhm resistor, 10nF capacitor, a LED and a couple wires to read the amount of teeth of a steel gear that rotate by the sensor.  The program is simply a digital read and count, but with the Hall effect sensor and gear it acts like a single line relative encoder and only and cost ~$45 in hardware.  It also lights the LED describing the state of the Hall Effect sensor.  Good times.

Digital_Read_and_Count.JPGOptimized-Arduino_Gear_Tooth_Counter.JPG

Message 2 of 9
(7,770 Views)

jdskier1,

That sounds awesome.  Can you post some picstures or a video?  I would love to see it in action.

Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,770 Views)

I've used LIFA to develop a topside GUI for my homebuilt ROV. Spent a year trying to get VB6 to do what it took me a week to do with LIFA.

Great toolkit guys!

Quantum Mechanic at Large
Message 4 of 9
(7,770 Views)

I'm using LIFA for my mechanical engineering senior capstone project. I'm using the Arduino Uno+Labview along with some sensors and LEDs to increase efficiency on a manufacturing process. Having Labview is great because it makes my job way easier. Thanks for making this!

Message 5 of 9
(7,770 Views)

I intergrate LIFA to my ongoing project. It's a project to control a electric bike which consists a BLDC motor for the wheel.

I use OSC (open sound control) to control the speed of the bike from my iphone.

The wheel is from amped bike

http://ampedbikes.com/kits.html

Labview recieves speed command from the iphone than send it to the arduino. Based on the required speed, the arduino control the BLDC by a motor driver shield.

For OSC i use the framework from here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12289

With some minor change, i have this front end:

front end.JPG

And here is the back end

back panel up.JPG

back panel down.JPG

IMG_0708s.jpg

It works great!

ps: I'm new to labview and still learning. If you work with labview and OSC before please contact me, i have some question that may be you can help.

taro10h@gmail.com

Message 6 of 9
(7,770 Views)

I developed what we called Production Performance Monitor...which basically is a GUI to indicate, instant ciclye time, avg, cycle time, quality defects counter, it graphs the pieces per minute produced on the line..plus it saves it to a TXT file for analisys on excell..

the arduino is conected to a signal on the plc that makes a pulse every unit pass through the machine at the end of the line..it also has buttons to clear indicators and reset quaility defects counter..

CLAD, CTD
Message 7 of 9
(7,770 Views)

At Iowa State University, we successfully used Arduino Mega 2560 with a customized version of LIFA to compete in NASA's Lunabotics Mining competition (May 2012).

Message 8 of 9
(7,770 Views)

Our company owns a quite old concrete batch plant, which had full manual control requiring an operator to control 14+ switched and observe 3 mechanical scales. I was successful to upgrade this plant to an automated unit requiring minimal operator input using custom made Arduino Uno compatible board and LIFA. Wiring is still messy which I shall take care in the near future after all testing is done.

IMG-20130615-WA0000.jpg

Control Unit for the plant

UI.png

The VI

IMG-20130615-WA0003.jpg

The plant.

Message 9 of 9
(7,770 Views)