Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO templates issues

Solved!
Go to solution
I purchased the myRIO and received it last week. Got NI LabView 2013 Student Option loaded along with LabView RT and the FPGA module in this order. I upgraded the firmware on the myRIO to the latest and I'm able to view and change settings using the USB control panel or MAX. Under Getting Started I can see the accelerometer responds OK and I can toggle the LEDs. So far so good. The problem(s) start when I try to create a project using a template for myRIO. On start I can create a new project and gove it a name but on the next step I get a message asking to find VIs, controls and libraries. If I search manually for the items prompted I can find them but some I suspect are incorrect as they are listed in more than one library. What am I doing wrong? I managed to create a simple project without using a template and was able to run the program from the desktop as it does not involve the myRIO. Is there a detailed step by step guide to the software instalation and what versions are compatible with what? I'm Running LabView 2013 32 bit on a MacBook Pro running Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp.
Message 1 of 12
(8,390 Views)

Did you install everything in the recommended order? For example, if you install LabVIEW last, it will not contain the driver specific tools.

First, try to re-install the drivers and make sure to select LabVIEW 2013 support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,388 Views)
Today I installed everything again (3-rd time) in this order:
- LabView 2013
- RT module
- FPGA module
- myRIO module
Then I applied the updates. This solved some previous issues I had but the sample myRIO projects still don't work. I'm Certain the problem is something I did or am doing but I just don't know what. It seems the link library(?) is broken and the sample programs cannot find what they are looking for. I'm also a bit reluctant to do further updates as the last time I did I ended up with more errors before even getting to the LV sample projects. After the last re-install today I also lost the ability to create a WiFi network but I gained a Web File Explorer. I have the latst firmware installed, 2.5 something, and original connection issues via USB are gone but I would like to access some sample projects to start learning LabView and the myRIO before deciding on upgrading to cRIO for production work. I'm doing the learning on my own and allready have $1,000.00 invested between purchasing the myRIO, myDAQ (coming next week), the development boards, servo-motors, servo-motor boards, ... I Will run a MAX report in the morning and attach it here. Right now I'm open to any sugestions and thank you for your response.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,382 Views)

Attached is the report I ran this morning.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,368 Views)

Problem solved.

- Open LabView (may have to run as administrator)

- Tools -> Options ...

- Select Paths from the Category and change to VI Search Path

- Unselect Use by Default

- Click OK and close LabView

Changes will take place the next time you run LabView.

One other add-on for myRIO:

Add Network Browser to the myRIO browser configuration page.

When you use a web browser to configure the myRIO you get the following on the left side:

- System Configuration

- Security Configuration

- Network Browser (new add)

- Network Configuration

- Software Management

- Time Configuration

- Web Services Management

- Web Server Configuration

- Installed Configuration Tools

The original myRIO configuration is missing the Network Browser icon and group.

To add it to myRIO:

- Open MAX as administrator

- Select Remote Systems - > NI-myRIO-1900 -> Software -> Add/Remove Software -> Custom software installation -> Next -> Yes

- Find Network Browser Web Support and select Install from the dropdown menu. -> Next to continue to install the new feature(s) onto myRIO.

- Restart the myRIO once the new software is installed and using the web browser go to 172.22.11.2 (default IP for myRIO connected via USB)

- The new icon should be there along with all previous icons

Thank you

Message 5 of 12
(8,357 Views)

How did you manage to change the search path in options? Everytime i change the options in the tools menu it jumps back to temporary directory. This happens also after complete restart. I also tried to change the .ini file in the labview directory but changes do not seem to aplly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,102 Views)

Hello Tigg,

I am not very sure if I understand your question precisely. If you uncheck the “Use by Default” you will be able to browse. Also, on the last comment, what was mentioned is about the “VI Search Path”. Is this the same path that you would like to change?

Please let me know to see if I can help you further.

Regards,

Luis C.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,065 Views)

Hello Luis,

I follow the instructions as described:

tools-->options-->paths

(it is set at temporary directory and default is checked)

I set to --> VI Search Path and uncheck the default.

(now several pats are listed in the <foundvi>, <vlib> etc)

I leave this as it is press ok. Exit labview. Then when i go back to tools --> options -->paths nothing has changed. The serach path is still set to temporary and default is checked

Thanks

Tig

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,046 Views)

I also get this errors, where is my mistake?

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,909 Views)

It worked for me after reinstall to labview 2014 sp1. i still did not manache to solve in labview 2013

regards

Message 10 of 12
(7,893 Views)