Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy 20 pin PCB connector for myDAQ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone manufacture PCB connectors which fits the myDAQ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,384 Views)

Isn't the beauty of a PCB that you can print it to do as you please?

What kind of connector do you want specifically? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,344 Views)

Of course the beauty of PCB is that we can design circuits however we want. The question: does anybody know where to by the 20pin connector that fits the myDAQ?  Thus, that is the connector I need.....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(9,339 Views)

Sweet.  So we were supposed to guess you wanted a second connector for the myDAQ instead of being uncertain if you wanted a way to interface with your external PCB.  Now that we've read your mind, we can search the NI page and find: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210731

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,334 Views)

Please Sir, nothing that has been written here deserves the condescending tone of your last reply.

The connector that is shipped with the myDAQ is not mountable on a PC board. Thus, it is not a PCB Connector. A PCB Connector for the myDAQ would be a connector that fits into the the myDAQ and could be soldered onto a PCB. 

Message 5 of 10
(9,332 Views)

The connector is shown in the following picture 10705-01.jpg on the left-hand side. The long green connector!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,329 Views)

When you're condescending after not getting a direct answer to your open-ended question, don't be surprised when you receive the same in return.

It would be relatively easy to solder the connection that comes with it to a PCB board. 

Have you tried the part Spark says they use?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(9,320 Views)

I beg to differ. I was not being condescending. I was asking a question. But I am glad to see that you admit to being condescending.

I beg to differ. The connector that ships with the myDAQ is not for soldering, but rather to fasten wires by screws. 

I do not know which part you are referring to, but I feel I am getting closer to the answer of my question...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,317 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jetlund

Hello everyone,

To get back on topic.

Where you looking for this information?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15087

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 9 of 10
(9,303 Views)

ThiCop: Thank you! Exactly what I needed!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(9,300 Views)