From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework and cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I have experience with this.

You need to make sure that the ethernet adapter on your computer is the first in the connection order or you need to have wireless turned off. The issue is that the LNA, when connecting, sends its IP address to the receiver so the receiver can connect back to it. It will send the IP address for the first active adapter in the connection order.

This is under Network Connections/Advanced/Adapters and Bindings.

Connection Order.png.

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

Message 21 of 23
(1,004 Views)

Here is a second option. When running from the IDE the message classes can load at run time. Building the EXE removes unused message classes. You need to include the class constant for each LNA message in the build. I usually override Pre Launch Init in the parent actor and put the message class constants there. That way they will be in both the PC and RT builds.

Class Constants for LNA.png

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(1,004 Views)

interesting. I will have to sit down and dissect what you have written here. On the first one, I think the wireless is disabled, I have a switch on the side of my development laptop that shuts it off, but I dont go into the network settings and explicitly disable it. on the second one....that will take me a little time to digest. I have a meeting to run off to, so will have to look back at this. Thanks for your reply, I certainly appreciate it Casey.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,004 Views)