cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Message generates Error 1055

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Actor Users

When trying to use Create Message or Rescript Message (Actor Framework entry in context menu) to generate the corresponding message for the method, I receive Error 1055. Even in existing projects where these scripts have been working for the last few months, it is not possible to create new messages or rescript existing messages anymore.

I've already tested the following ideas to solve the issue:

1. removing existing messages from projects, afterwards closing the project, deleting the message folder, reopening the project and create message again

2.using the static dispatch template but also the dynamic dispatch template

3.repaired Labview 2022 Q3 with the NI Package-Manager repair option

The result is always the same:

- the corresponding Name Msg.lvclass, the Name Msg.ctl, the Send Name.vi and the Do.vi are generated but placed in the Dependencies\Items in Memory instead in the virtual folder for messages. The Dummy Actor Methode (in the Case Structure with unconnected selector) in the Do.vi has not been replaced by the expected methode. Error message 1055 during scripting pops up. Therefore the Actor Dummy Methode.vi is also listed in the dependencies.

Are there other ideas to solve this problem? Thanks for your help and new hints

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,302 Views)

A couple of thoughts:

1. Does this happen when creating/rescripting messages with a brand new Actor created from the New > Actor option? Or only with existing actors that you already have. If the latter, can you share an actor that exhibits this problem?

2. There are LabVIEW INI tokens that affect actor message scripting. Can you rename your LabVIEW.ini file to LabVIEW.bak, restart LabVIEW, and see if the problem still happens?

3. Long shot, but maybe mass compile the [LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\Framework\Providers folder?  Maybe something in the compiled cache of the provider VIs got messed up?

Those are my initial ideas. Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,279 Views)

When you get Error 1055, what is the text in the "Source" field?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,271 Views)

thanks for your ideas...

1. a brand new generated actor (New>Actor) shows the same issue; 

2. renamed the LabVIEW.ini file, first try before closing LV, second try before restarting LV, both tries without success related to generate messages.

3. cleared cache and mass compiled the recommended folder; plenty of ### Bad Vi messages, many .vit, when comparing theses .vits with the .vits on a friends computer they are the same, also the change date is the same. Listed ### Bad subVI written by myself (overrides of Actor Core.vi) are errorfree and are running/working properly even they are listed?????????????

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,255 Views)

Screenshot 2023-11-01 084348.png

Screenshot 2023-11-01 084544.png

 it looks like the script is not finishing the Do.vi for the message... I can manually finishing the script by replacing the case structure with the methode's vi, replace the DNL_Message Template and modify/connect the coresponnding terminal on the icon....but it is not my plan to manually finishing the scrips for the messages..... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,250 Views)

I have no other ideas, I can't think of why the scripting tools would error out with a repaired LV install, blank INI file, and new Actors created from scratch.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LVrooky

LVrooky_0-1698848371471.png

found some files related that scripting topic, that had an change-date different than all others.... Do.vi and Send Template.vi... In the two Do.vis I were not able to identify a diff, the diff of the Send Template.vis can be found in the screenshoot above... the .vi on the right handside is the working version, which generates the expected messages...

I do not understand why a repair of LV did not corrected that.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,228 Views)

I think I have seen this before and it had to do with a name of a method I was trying to create a message for.

Either the name of the method exists in your current directory, or possible that your method name matches a vi name that the scripting calls?

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,217 Views)

That'll do it.  The 1055 error arose when searching for the bundle node, which isn't there on the version on the left.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,168 Views)