Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2012 Sp1 crashes when using AF

I'm having a problem with Labview crashing when I try to run my AF project. I attached the error message and the AF code. At this point it is a simple adaptation of the "Evaporative cooler hands-on" and involves a control panel talking to my instrument (ihr320 spectrometer). Whenever I try to run my top-level VI, "Open Front",  Labview crashes and displays this error. Really not sure how to go about debugging this. I tried to mass-compile my code as suggested in another thread but that didn't help. I tried clearing compiled object cache, restarting the computer etc but nothing seems to work. I'm planning to have over 15 separate instruments in the project so using the framework seems neccessary - any help figuring out this problem is appreciated!

Cheers

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,814 Views)

Hi,

When I open the project there are a some missing VIs. 

I hunted down a source for some of the missing VIs on googlecode.  I had to do another mass compile before the test VI would run, but I did get it to run.  It launched a window and did not crash.

I've zipped up the files include the mass compile outputs from both before and after I found the missing API.  I used a fresh checkout from http://coltonlab.googlecode.com/svn/LabVIEW/trunk to get the API.   You may want to update your own library if your project is still crashing. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 2 of 7
(3,630 Views)

Hmm that's progress - thanks for finding that. Unfortunately even with your mass compile, the program still doesn't seem to work properly (opens, yes but that's about it) - at least on my system. I ran a dekstop trace on it and it seems that when I launch my spectrometer actor, the framework does not recognize the "launch actor" vi reference. I tried calling "launch actor" by adding the Actor Framework library into the project but that didn't help. Do you know whta might be causing this?

trace_error.PNG

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,630 Views)

I don't see anything that pops out at me as obviously wrong, although I can't run it as is, and can't really be installing a library at the moment.

If you're still fairly new to this and are dealing with a large amount of differing instruments, you might want to check out this post about hardware abstraction layers:  http://ekerry.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/designing-a-labview-measurement-system-with-multiple-abstract...

Message 4 of 7
(3,630 Views)

Hi,

That error 1026 is normal in case of Launch Actor.vi. This is the way the actors get launched. It opens the reference to the Actor.vi only if it is not stored already in the shift register. The error is the sign the the reference stored is not valid (I guess it is 0, or so).

See a snippet of the relevant part from the Launch Actor.vi (the note that explains exactly this point is highlighted in orange):

Actor Launch_starts with error.png

So it means you have to keep on searching, this error is normal and on purpose in case of Actor Framework.

Message 5 of 7
(3,630 Views)

Thanks! good to know - I'll keep working on it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,630 Views)

Thank you, I have not seen this before.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,630 Views)