From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Bug I've been encountering

Hi all,  Just had a strange bug hit for the third time.  If I have two actor-based projects open at the same time, LabVIEW will sometimes crash.  When that happens and I recover the projects on relaunch, the Stop Core.vi in Actor.lvclass claims to have an error in that it is not part of a LabVIEW class.  Clearly this is incorrect.  I have to open the Actor.lvclass, remove the Stop Core.vi, re-add the Stop Core.vi, and resave everything to make it go away.  Not a huge hassle, but I thought the community might want to be aware of that.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,887 Views)

Are these on different types of targets? cRIO and PC for example. Or the same type of target?

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,252 Views)

Same target.  Just a desktop machine.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,252 Views)

I have seen something like this. I have a couple types of targets, PharLap, VXWorks and PC. I don't have multiple projects open as a habit. I have some classes shared on targets (parent/interface classes). I was thinking that the issue might be related to compiling in different contexts.

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,252 Views)

Pretty sure this is already reported as CAR 496361. I have no idea what the priority is on it, but I've asked that it be worked on for 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,252 Views)

Thanks AQ!

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,252 Views)