Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Bug I've been encountering

Hi all,  Just had a strange bug hit for the third time.  If I have two actor-based projects open at the same time, LabVIEW will sometimes crash.  When that happens and I recover the projects on relaunch, the Stop Core.vi in Actor.lvclass claims to have an error in that it is not part of a LabVIEW class.  Clearly this is incorrect.  I have to open the Actor.lvclass, remove the Stop Core.vi, re-add the Stop Core.vi, and resave everything to make it go away.  Not a huge hassle, but I thought the community might want to be aware of that.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,872 Views)

Are these on different types of targets? cRIO and PC for example. Or the same type of target?

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,237 Views)

Same target.  Just a desktop machine.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,237 Views)

I have seen something like this. I have a couple types of targets, PharLap, VXWorks and PC. I don't have multiple projects open as a habit. I have some classes shared on targets (parent/interface classes). I was thinking that the issue might be related to compiling in different contexts.

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,237 Views)

Pretty sure this is already reported as CAR 496361. I have no idea what the priority is on it, but I've asked that it be worked on for 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,237 Views)

Thanks AQ!

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,237 Views)