Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem is to establish the link between Windows (host) and RT- Desktop (target) using linked network actor and actor framework

Hi,

One example is there in the community on linked network actor between host and terget PC using linked network actor.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-43921

I am trying to replecate the same but facing problem in interface.lvclass.

Main problem is to create the Write LAN Connected Msg.lvclass - how to attach linked network actor over it.

I am using LabVIEW 2015. Please share if anyone has any idea over it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,770 Views)

Pratim,

I wrote the example.

The "Write LNA Connected Msg" inherits from "LNA Connection Status Msg". When the Interface launches the LNA (in Actor Core of Interface.lvclass in this example) it writes a class constant of Write LNA Connected Msg into the private data of the LNA. When the LNA has a change of status it calls the "Post Status.vi" method and that is were the data is sent to the caller of the LNA. The connection status is stored in the parent "LNA Connection Status Msg" but the child "Write LNA Connected Msg" is really on the wire.

This is referred to as "Zero Coupling". It allows us to use the LNA in different applications. You do need to create a child class of the "LNA Connection Status Msg" in each new instance of something that uses the LNA.

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

Message 2 of 3
(2,951 Views)