Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Delayed Send Message - Coercion Dot on Message Input

I have a message I'm sending with the Time Delayed Send Message function, and I noticed a coercion dot when I wired my message to the input. My message inherits from the AF Message class, so I don't understand why the coercion dot is there (shouldn't child class be able to exist on a parent wire without coercion?).

I looked at the context help for the terminal and attached the screen grab. It looks like the terminal is expecting the delivery notifier, not a message input. Is this a bug, or am I completely missing the point of how to use this VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,781 Views)

This looks strange, you are right. I have to admit, this has actually never really bothered me Smiley Embarassed

The message input of the Time-Daleyed Send Message is wired to the Start Asynchronous Call being parameterized with a Strictly Tyedef'ed VI Ref.

Educated guess: I think, the coercion dot originates from this Strictly Typed Def.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,748 Views)

Coercion point is normal at this point because LabVIEW needs to change the type of the object. This appears e.g. also if you combine several objects of different types into an array. LabVIEW looks for a common base class and cast accordingly.

The context help seems to have a bug because it shows help from the output terminal (LV2014)...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,739 Views)