cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double Actor Core

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have been testing a new project with nested actors, and set a breakpoint in the Actor Core to see all the clones of the Actor Core in action. Normally I see different clone numbers in the title of all the clones. But sometimes I have two clones (or at least windows) that show the same name:

double_ActorCore.png

As it can be seen both instances run, so up to my understanding those should have different clone numbers.

Just to demonstrate what do I usually see, here is an image with the other Actor Core instances that have clone numbers in the titles:

multiple_ActorCore.png

Can anyone explain this to me?

It is crucial for me because I identify the actors by  the clone number of the "Actor Core.vi". Now I don't know if those two have different clone numbers just not shown, or do they really have the same?

Any help would be welcome! Maybe I am just missing some very basic thing that makes it clear...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,120 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author komorbela

Ok, I solved it.

The windows appearance in the Actor Core is set have "Actor Core" in the title:

Actor Core default Window Appearance.png

The windows that are opened by the "Open Actor Core Front Panel? (F)" option of the Launch Actor set to True obey this rule.

However the windows opened up just because I put a breakpoint in their Block Panel don't obey this rule and show the name of the vi, also showing the clone number if it is a clone.

So this is it. I don't know what should it be named... a feature or a bug... Let the competent ones from NI who read this post decide it and act accordingly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Good catch. For some reason, all the VIs  generated by the Message Maker also have "Same as VI name" unchecked. I changed my copy of the message template class to re-enable it so I know which clone or class method I'm looking at by glancing at the title bar. You may need to do the same for your tools.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I take a note on it. Could you suggest it also on the Advanced Message Maker's discussion page? That way more people would have the opportunity to see it and speak for it or against it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Actually, I don't use your tool. I have my own custom extension of the framework that conflicts with Extor.lvclass. I hope to either roll my own version of the message maker that uses se_Actor.lvclass and share it, or influence future revisions of the native tools that work on Actor.lvclass.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,345 Views)

It's the VI Package Manager that does that. Took me a while to figure that out. I *hate* that and I know of no way to turn it off. It keeps turning that setting on. I haven't gotten around to writing a post-install VI that turns it back on for all the VIs that are installed in the package.

Please, komorbela, please tell me that you're using a VIPM installed version of the AF. I really thought I turned "Same as VI name" back on for the VIs that ship with LabVIEW 2012 itself.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Have you reported it to Michael_Aivaliotis? He's generally really good about resopnding to issues with VIPM and providing workarounds.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Hi AQ,

Yes, I can tell you that I use an AF installed with the VIPM You can rest assured. However it's good to know that the VIPM makes this. I also suggest you to report it to JKI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Already did.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,345 Views)

Yes you did. And I listened.

This issue has been resolved in the latest VIPM release. And we added some enhacements to that as well for Pro users.

Release notes: http://support.jki.net/entries/22314632-vipm-2012-0-1-release-notes

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,345 Views)