Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project that I am considering converting to AF

Solved!
Go to solution

I have written a functioning program to control a particle accelerator.  My main UI has 13 separate loops interacting asynchronously with various pieces of equipment.  They pool the results with a bunch of IO on a cRIO.  I want to modularize the code more.  I have used some LVOOP and gone through the training materials.  I have a problem in that I am forced to use LV2010 (long story).  I downloaded the 2010 port but the example is broken...

I would like some help getting started, but I have to balance operating and improving a working system with a complete rework.

I am excited to work with AF as I think it is the perfect fit for my project.

Getting started advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,173 Views)

Hi Casey,

I guess I am responsible for the LV2010 version.  It is not an official NI entity.  I will look at the demo again.  It has bee a while.  Can you point me toward what is not working?

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,347 Views)

Casey,

I posted a new version of a demo used at Alliance Day 2011 ported to LV2010.  It is here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-21260

This is a very simple demo.  It is not the Cooler demo, but that one is pretty complicated and unless it is extremely important, I prefer not to explore that.

I hope this helps.

And you have come to the right place for help.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,347 Views)

Here are some shots of what I am seeing.  I can't even get the example open due to something being missing.  I see all of the AF icons, etc in the pallette.  Not sure if this is a problem with loading from the wrong place or if I am missing functional pieces.

Some screen shots:

Actor Errors Trimmed 1.png

Actor Errors Trimmed 2.png

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CaseyLamers1

It appears that omething is messed up with the Actor Framework.lvlib.  I noticed in the dependencies that there is a user.lib folder and ALSO noticed Actor.lvclass is not inside Actor Framework.lvlib.  Here is what my project looks like:

project.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,347 Views)