Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET Memory Design and Management

Hi All,

I'm brand new to NI-XNET, using LabVIEW 2018 and an NI CAN peripheral.  I think my application requires the Frame Input Stream Mode because I need to analyze all frame traffic on the network, which does not conform to standard frame/signal definitions that I could put in a database.

The XNET Read (Raw Frame) VI returns all frames in the Raw Frame format.  I think the application must poll XNET Read (Raw Frame).

How are frames buffered, and what properties can I use to monitor or configure the buffer?  For example, are frames buffered in HW, in the driver's space, in application space, in all?  Can I see or configure the size of these buffers?  What will happen if the buffer overflows?  I'm trying to design the polling period, which I think is a function of the frame rate and the buffer size.

I appreciate any feedback or help,

Steve K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,283 Views)

Hi Pie,

I saw you made another post with this same question here that got resolved: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/XNET-Memory-Design-and-Management/m-p/3897... .

I just wanted to include that link here for anyone else who stumbles across this looking for an answer.

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,259 Views)