cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automotive diagnostic command set error popup

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Anyone knows how to prevent automotive diagnostic command set to popup error and/or warning message windows ?

Thanks.

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,842 Views)

can you give some more details when the error occurs and how the error looks like?

are you using LabVIEW? If so, Automotive Diagnostic Command Set is 99% based on LabVIEW so you may be able to prevent the error popupon your own

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,840 Views)

Hi Gibson,

My problem is'nt the error by itself but the fact that adcs show an error popup that block my application. ( i.e ISOTP error like time out on flow frame or so ... )

My application is written in Labwindows and is running standalone automaticaly with no one to handle error popup, when an error appear at end of cycle my app is stoppped and the production line stopped too until someone click on 'OK' button.

It's very annoying !!! 🙂

So I want want to handle errors or warning  by software without adcs poping up a error box.

Thank's for your support.

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,835 Views)

Hello Gibson,

I was not able to reproduce your error pop up.  Could you verify that your built configuration is in "release"and not in "debug" mode (go to Build -> Configuration and select release).  I think displays any error in debug mode, but should let you handle the errors in release.  

Have a great day.

O. Proulx
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,816 Views)

Hello O. Proulx,

I've checked my exe , it's a release build, fing here under some screenshots of error messages :

adcs error 1

adcs error 2

It's not my code wich popup these messages, they come from NIDiagCS.dll.

Any idea ?

Thank's for your support.

B.W.

Nota:

NI Automotive diagnostic command set 1.0.0.f1

NI CAN 2.7.0f0

NI Labwindows CVI 8.5.0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,802 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bw-dijon

Please verify that your CVI application source code does not use similar error code checks like we use in our examples.

The Aut. Diagnostic Command Set CVI Examples contain always this routine to verify the function status.

void CheckError (const char *Routine, long status)

PLease check you code if it contains this technique.

Thanks a lot

Message 6 of 8
(7,797 Views)

Hello B. W.,

the output in the screenshots that you provided is formatted the same way as the ndStatusToString routine returns. Do you ever call this routine in your code? Maybe that's a hint where these boxes are generated (as Gibson noticed, some of the ADCS examples do this).

Hope this helps,

Christian

Message 7 of 8
(7,792 Views)

Hello Ceule and Gibson,

You were right, there is a remaining "ndStatusToString" and "MessagePopup" from older version deep in my source code.

thank's to you and sorry for my inattention.

B.W.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,782 Views)