Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition from Patient Monitor

Hello. I need some help or guidance.[ I am a medical doctor will no engineering or networking experience]. At my hospital we have a Drager Infinity Delta patient monitor. This monitor is able to obtain ECG, invasive presssure waves, temperature etc from a patient. I would like to obtain these physiological signals from the monitor, record and store them and then analyse these waveforms. Can Labview interface with this monitor? The monitor does tramsmit some information to a network.... Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,190 Views)

If my memory is right, Drager Infinity Delta patient monitor can record and store

ECG waveforms as a Binary file, you can use Labview read binary function to read and display it.

Wen

Message 2 of 12
(5,057 Views)

What kind of waveforms are we talking about. Is it real-time ECG waveforms(as an example) sampled with enough speed to reproduce the actual waveform. Or is it more static values like reading say mean BP with a more slow data rate. For the first option they have something named Infinity® OneNet But it will NOT come cheap http://www.draeger.com/Sites/enus_us/Pages/Hospital/Infinity-OneNet.aspx

For more slow data I guess you can access the monitor via the RS232 port via the Infinity Docking Station.  This will be a less painful solution in Labview

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 3 of 12
(5,057 Views)

Hello. The waveforms are real-time ECG, continuous arterial pressure, oxygen saturation and central venous pressures and intracranial pressures.

What do i need to access the monitor from or with my PC so that I may record such information on computer and then analyse the waveforms. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,057 Views)

Hello. How do I get these binary files from the monitor. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,057 Views)

If you don't mind, I can forward your request to my ex-boss who's the manager of V&V. I left Draeger several years ago, things might be changed.

Wen

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,057 Views)

What you need is the Infinity-OneNet solution. I did the same job on a Siemens bedside monitor network some years ago. It was just after the time Siemens become Drager. Back then we had to use some quite expensive software solution named Siemens Infinity Gateway Server solution between the bedside monitor network and the hospital network. I used Labview but the date exchange was done via a calling DLL provied by Siemens. The job it self required some programming but was quite doable for a Labview programmer with some experience. And I could extract any waveform shown on any  monitor in the network in real time. I doubt you will find any ready made toolkit doing this job for you, so some programming has to be done

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,057 Views)

Hello. Much appreciated. Will try to explore the idea you have suggested. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,057 Views)

Hello. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,057 Views)

Looking more into it. This is the exact solution I used http://www.draeger.com/Sites/enus_us/Pages/Hospital/Infinity-Gateway-Suite.aspx Back then Siemens now Drager. It could be that Infinity-OneNet is not what you want after all. Call Drager medical and ask them for help. They will be able to help you if you give them your description of your problem. But be prepared that either solutions may cost a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,057 Views)