Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview simulation of wearable robotic arm by EMG

Hello,

I am working on simulation of an active Exoskeleton (wearable robot) for the upper limb using LabVIEW for my senior project. I need to use the EMG signal as an input to move the elbow joint (flexing and extending). I downloaded labview biomedical toolkit to take a ready simulated EMG signal but have a weak experience in LabVIEW.

The design criterial I am planning to use is to establish a threshold for the EMG signal using a comparator (above 0 for example) and set a counter for everytime the signal passes the threshold as(+1) in every count. Then, specify a degree value for the counter (for example when the counter reaches 10000) and feed this value of the counter to a simple simulated structure for the joint (simple angle of 2 lines) or a meter to represent the movement.. e.g. every 10000 count = 1 degree of movement. Number of zero crossing can also be used instead of the comparator and the signal will be filtered and that is easy to do. However, my problem is in converting this logic into LabVIEW. I don’t know how to set a counter for the signal and make every number of counts refer to a specific degree of movement and I also don’t know how to form the simulated joint structure in LabVIEW or even how to transfer this into a simple meter device in LabVIEW.

I have only one month to do this project so any help or ideas you provide are highly appreciated

Thank you ,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,430 Views)