Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG adaptive noise cancellation

Hi everybody I want to simulate a adaptive filter circuit for ECG noise canceling .  I added EMG signal to ECG but i can't see adaptive filter output .  would you please help me . what is my fault ? can you help me for adaptive filter design step to step thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(10,459 Views)

Hi,

When you use Filter and Update Coef VI from Adaptive Filter Toolkit, you need to choose the right instance. Currently you are using point by point, it will regard your input as one point (although the input is a waveform). Please right click on the VI and choose "Real, waveform" or other non point by point instance and have a try.

Thanks!

ZJ Gu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,960 Views)

Hi .  thanks a lot for your answering .

i changed it to real waveform and i saw output.

but i have a problem about adding 2 signals. i changed EMG with ECG and i want add EEG and ECG .  but when i add this two signal and monitor out put of them i can't see my desire result .  could you please help me how can i add them

EEG.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,960 Views)

guys please help me when  added them i can't see any difference                                                           

ecg.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,960 Views)

Hi Hami,

Are you sure its not because of the very different magnitudes between the ECG and EEG signals, after all adding an ECG signal with a peak value of 1 to the EEG signal which peaks up to 60 won't make much difference to the ECG+EEG display.

To test this why don't you up-scale the ECG signal to say 10 or something and see if that makes a difference to the ECG+EEG graph.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,960 Views)

hi chris. i don't know why i can't add this 2 signals .  do you have any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,960 Views)

But I think you are Hami!!

You just can't see the ECG signal because it is so small. As I mentioned above just multiple the ECG signal by say 10 BEFORE you add it to the EEG signal then you should clearly see BOTH signals in the combined graph.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,960 Views)

i don't think so .  one of EEG artifact is ECG and we can see ECG effect on EEG . but in labview i don't know how can i simulate it

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,960 Views)

Oh I see what you mean - can you post a picture of the "real" EEG+ECG signal so we can see what you're trying to simulate?

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,960 Views)

eeg+ecg.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,960 Views)