Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about EDA analysis

Hello all, I am currently conducting some electrodermal analyses in one of my studies and have no one to discuss the specifics with - I am just kind of going along, searching the internet, and trying to do the best I can with limited resources!  As such, I have two nagging questions I was hoping someone here could help me with.

I am going to compare baseline EDA to condition EDA to examine group differences in reactivity (groups are preselected based on a questionnaire), and am using the tonic signal to do so. This is based on previous literature - however, recently someone told me that using phasic is much cleaner and is generally what is used, and furthermore, that counting SCRs (skin conductance responses) are the BEST way to analyze physio group differences.  The person who told me this did so in her dissertation, and I am not sure I believe that she is basing this on anything other than personal preference.  What do you all think is the best way to examine group difference in EDA? 

Additionally, most of my subjects have mean EDA level of between .005 and 6 microsiemens (dist. is skewed positively), but I keep coming across people whose mean scores are -48 to -50.  Any idea what's going on here?  Was this a collection error, or are some people just naturally lower?

Thank you so much for any insights you all may have about these things!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,356 Views)

As an aside - I'm seeing a lot of views and no responses - if this is not the correct forum for these questions, please let me know!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,844 Views)

My holiday ends next week. So if you still need some help. I am willing to help then I am back. No I am just home for repacking. For one week of mountain trout fishing

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 3 of 3
(2,844 Views)