BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30k post by GerdW

@Hooovahh wrote:

Congrats GerdW.

Okay if we are making excuses I'll say I'm at 18 years and not a Knight, but then again I created an account to download something and almost never posted for years. And almost never posted for years.  And I have over 3,000 posts on LAVA.  I would have probably been a Knight years ago if those posts transferred.

When transferring posts from other sites, you can add more than 17k post to Gerds post count from the german www.LabVIEWForum.de (see: https://www.labviewforum.de/User-GerdW)

Message 11 of 13
(173 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Congrats GerdW.

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Yes, yes, rub it in 😶: it took me 25 years to become a knight.

In my defense, a) the forum created 4 account with the exact same name, splitting my posts and b) I had ~8 sabbatical year.

Okay if we are making excuses I'll say I'm at 18 years and not a Knight, but then again I created an account to download something and almost never posted for years.  And I have over 3,000 posts on LAVA.  I would have probably been a Knight years ago if those posts transferred.

Well, that's by choice 😁. My 4 profiles where decided by the forum. 

No excuse, just a pet peeve I keep mentioning, in idle hope someone at NI will realize how utterly silly it is that a technology company can't (or won't) fix the IT mistakes they made.

(Tongue in cheek, btw, if that's not clear)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(160 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I would have probably been a Knight years ago if those posts transferred.

You are definitely Sir TDMS. Although the folks at npTDMS are pretty impressive also. They deciphered that DAQmx Raw files use a different datatype descriptor than NI_Datatype. That's useful if you want to read the raw unscaled data.

Type codes for DAQmx scalers don't match the normal TDMS type codes:
DAQMX_TYPES = {
    0: types.Uint8,
    1: types.Int8,
    2: types.Uint16,
    3: types.Int16,
    4: types.Uint32,
    5: types.Int32,
    6: types.Uint64,
    7: types.Int64,
    8: types.SingleFloat,
    9: types.DoubleFloat,