BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A call for modern CPU benchmarks

OK, I changed the download to a shared folder on google drive. That should satisfy the https requirement 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(2,861 Views)

So for fun I added a few more columns (e.g. max turbo frequency and TDP) and added two derived columns:

• S/GHz: Serial single core performance normalized to the boost clock frequency. A better CPU architecture will give a higher score. This assumes that the serialized speed runs at max boost. Once all cores run in parallel, the clock might be reduced for thermal reasons.

• P/TDP: Parallel Spectra/seconds normalized to TDP. Higher is more efficient.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(2,855 Views)

Here's some more results 🙂

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
Download All
Message 13 of 36
(2,846 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Not sure what you need. What kind of error are you getting with the current link?

No error, it just wouldn't download. No message about it being blocked either, opening the link manually just closes the tab.

The google drive link worked tho, thanks.

Message 14 of 36
(2,831 Views)

@Craig_ wrote:

Here's some more results 🙂

Wow, the 3970X single-handedly (or is that 32 core-ly) dethroned the leader and landed in first place with room to spare!

Of course at $3k+ for the CPU alone, we don't expect anything less. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(2,808 Views)

Xeon E-2286G @ 4GHz, while performing a local ISE FPGA compile (1 Core pegged to 100% already).

Message 16 of 36
(2,674 Views)

It may be unrelated, but I had to install LV 2020 runtime for the benchmark and since them my LVCompare (LV 2015 SP1) won't work...... Anyone had similar experiences?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(2,648 Views)

LVCompare.exe is in Shared (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Compare), so it probably got updated beyond compatibility...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(2,645 Views)

But surely the LV 2020 runtime doesn't touch LVCompare....? That is an IDE thing, not run-time, right?

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(2,629 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

But surely the LV 2020 runtime doesn't touch LVCompare....? That is an IDE thing, not run-time, right?

That does make sense... Does the exe work (though the command line)?

@Intaris wrote:

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread.

Indeed, maybe start a new thread...

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(2,594 Views)